School uniform is compulsory for all students in Years 7 to 11.
- Plain dark school bag, big enough to carry all equipment needed for a normal school day (click here for further clarification)
STATIONERY AND OTHER ESSENTIAL ITEMS
The following equipment is a minimum requirement that pupils should have with them every day:
- 2 black pens
- 2 pencils
- Purple pen
- Pencil case
- Glue stick
- Calculator (a scientific calculator: the recommended models are - Casio fx83 or fx85)
- Reading book
- Small English dictionary
- Hand sanitiser
- Face covering
- A pack of coloured pencils
- Head/earphones for computer use with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Wireless headphones are not suitable.
- A protractor (for mathematics lessons)
A pair of compasses (for mathematics lessons)
Items of stationery can be purchased from the pupil reception. Click here for a price list.
- Black blazer with Holy Family Catholic High School badge
- Holy Family Catholic High School tie (Purple - Y7 and Y8, Black - Y9, Y10 and Y11)
- White shirt
SKIRT / PINAFORE
- Knee length pleated grey skirt or a pinafore – click here for further clarification
- Boys - black or grey trousers
- Girls - black or grey tailored trousers
JUMPER / CARDIGAN (optional)
- Grey V necked
- Plain black and polishable (no fabric) low heeled full shoes appropriate for school (not trainers, sport brand, ankle boots or leisure shoes) – click here for further clarification.
- Boys - plain dark socks
- Girls - plain grey (below knee or ankle socks - no leggings)
- Girls - thick grey or black tights
- Smart, plain outdoor coats may be worn. Please note that coats with patterns, images and/or large text will not be acceptable. In addition, tracksuit tops, hooded sweatshirts and denim/leather coats or jackets are not acceptable for school.
There is sometimes a discrepancy about what is meant by ‘dark’ colours regarding coats. All coats must be either black or dark in colour, and plain.
- Long hair must be tied back for all pupils for certain activities. There must be no elaborate hair decoration - hair bands must be plain black or plain navy blue.
- No extreme hairstyles (no stepped or sudden changes in length sides and back, no bullet creases or patterns shaved in).
- Natural hair colours.
- We are aware that, as pupils reach adolescence, it is not uncommon for them to feel self-conscious about their appearance. Therefore, in years 9-11 only, pupils may wear subtle, light touch make-up only, that would not be noticeable to the observer.
- The following are not permitted: fake tan; highlighter and bronzer; nail varnish and Shellac/acrylic nails; HD brows; false lashes.
- The judgement as to whether the make-up is considered ‘subtle’ or not will be made by the staff and not the pupil. Any pupil who is judged to be wearing inappropriate make-up will be asked to remove it. Continual infringements of the policy may result in the pupil being asked to wear no make-up at all in the future.
- The only jewellery permitted is a single, plain gold or silver stud earring in the ear (only one earring per ear). No other piercings are permitted.
HOLY FAMILY PE KIT
- Holy Family PE Top
- Black shorts
- Black fleece (Optional)
- Black football socks (girls and boys)
- Football boots (Optional)
WHAT IS EXPECTED
- It is expected that all items of uniform will be clearly marked with the pupil's name.
- Valuables and Insurance - Neither the school nor the Local Authority has an insurance policy which will cover the loss of a child's personal property in the event of it being lost or stolen.
- Parents should check their household insurance policy to see if it covers items of personal use outside the home.
Monkhouse Schoolware Specialists 80 Coronation Road Crosby Liverpool L23 5RH
Link to site - https://www.monkhouse.com/c/2844/Holy-Family-High-School