Uniform and Equipment Requirements
School uniform is compulsory for all students in Years 7 to 11.
- Plain dark school bag, big enough to carry all equipment needed for a normal school day (click here for further clarification)
STATIONERY AND OTHER ESSENTIAL ITEMS
- The following equipment is a minimum requirement that pupils should have with them every day:
2 black pens
Calculator (school preferred calculator is a Casio fx83 or fx85)
Small English dictionary
A suitable school bag
- Black blazer with Holy Family Catholic High School badge
- Holy Family Catholic High School tie
- White shirt
SKIRT / PINAFORE
- Knee length grey skirt or a pinafore – click here for further clarification.
- Boys - black or grey trousers
- Girls - black or grey tailored trousers
JUMPER / CARDIGAN (optional)
- Grey V necked
- Plain black and polishable (no fabric) low heeled full shoes appropriate for school (not trainers, sport brand, ankle boots or leisure shoes) – click here for further clarification.
- Boys - plain dark socks
- Girls - plain grey (below knee or ankle socks - no leggings)
- Girls - thick grey or black tights
- Smart, plain dark outdoor coats may be worn. Note that tracksuit tops, hooded sweatshirts or denim/leather jackets are not acceptable for school.
There is sometimes a discrepancy about what is meant by ‘dark’ colours regarding coats. All coats must be either black or dark in colour, and plain.
- Long hair must be tied back for all pupils without elaborate hair decoration.
- No extreme hairstyles (no stepped or sudden changes in length sides and back, no bullet creases or patterns shaved in).
- Natural hair colours.
- We are aware that, as pupils reach adolescence, it is not uncommon for them to feel self-conscious about their appearance. Therefore, in years 9-11 only, pupils may wear subtle, light touch make-up only, that would not be noticeable to the observer.
- The following are not permitted: fake tan; highlighter and bronzer; nail varnish and Shellac/acrylic nails; HD brows; false lashes.
- The judgement as to whether the make-up is considered ‘subtle’ or not will be made by the staff and not the pupil. Any pupil who is judged to be wearing inappropriate make-up will be asked to remove it. Continual infringements of the policy may result in the pupil being asked to wear no make-up at all in the future.
- The only jewellery permitted is a single stud earring in the ear. No other visible piercings are permitted.
HOLY FAMILY PE KIT
- Holy Family PE Top
- Black shorts
- Black fleece (Optional)
- Black football socks (girls and boys)
- Football boots (Optional)
What is Expected
- It is expected that all items of uniform will be clearly marked with the pupil's name.
- Valuables and Insurance - Neither the school nor the Local Authority has an insurance policy which will cover the loss of a child's personal property in the event of it being lost or stolen.
- Parents should check their household insurance policy to see if it covers items of personal use outside the home.