Sixth Form Dress Code
Students in Holy Family Sixth Form should ensure that their appearance is appropriate for a professional, working environment. A good guideline is that each student should feel confident that they have dressed appropriately and professionally, to set a good standard and example of appearance within the school community.
All Sixth Form Students:
It is important that Sixth Formers are identified as a member of the school. To that end, sixth form students must wear an identity lanyard badge at all times. Badges and lanyards are supplied free of charge to students but any losses will incur a replacement cost.
- Black or grey formal work trousers,
- Black or grey skirts (knee length)
- Black or grey formal dresses
- Plain black tights/socks
- Black/ grey formal footwear (no sports’ shoes)
- Plain black/ grey jumper or cardigan optional for winter
- Black or grey formal trousers
- White or black or grey polo shirt with collar/White shirt
- Black or grey jumpers
- Black formal shoes (trainers or plain black sports’ shoes are not allowed)
Items not permitted:
- Trainers or sports shoes of any kind. This includes plain black trainers, converse, vans etc.
- Denim jeans, skirts or denim jackets
- Hooded tops
- T shirts without a collar
- Vest tops or crop tops
- Non formal skirts which are above the knee
- Gym wear with logos
Thank you for supporting the Sixth Form Dress code. We are aiming for a standard which would be appropriate in a formal, office environment. Therefore any casual clothing or footwear will not be accepted. Those who do not adhere to this policy will be asked by a member of the Sixth Form team to return home and change into something appropriate. Jewellery and make-up must be discreet and in keeping with the formality of a professional dress code. This is a Sixth Form privilege and may be withdrawn if abused.
The Sixth Form Team