Our Sixth Form at a glance!
Why Our Sixth Form?
- Excellent results
- Supportive and caring environment
- Strong links with universities and employers
- Fantastic pastoral and careers support
- Great enrichment opportunities
- Dedicated Sixth Form areas
- Personalised learning programmes
- To provide the best quality education and support to ensure our Sixth Formers have the best life chances possible.
We ask that all Sixth Form students:
- Approach their studies in a mature, responsible way, as befits the school's most senior students;
- Take pride in their appearance and act in a manner that sets an example to the rest of the school
- Underpin their studies with independent learning
Support & Guidance
- We support our students in a variety of ways according to their needs.
- We have a modern Sixth Form block, a common room for the students and a dedicated room where students can undertake supervised private study.
- Progress is monitored and reported every term.
- All students have access to a dedicated team of staff who support students in a variety of areas; from securing training/work placements, help with study and revision skills, UCAS advice and emotional and wellbeing issues.
- Volunteering Scheme
- Student Leadership Team
- Form Captains
- Trips, visits and holidays
- Duke Of Edinburgh Award Scheme
- Work Placements
- Next Step and Careers programme
- RE programme
- Wellbeing programme
Equality & Diversity
- A fundamental objective of the Sixth Form is to provide an education that prepares students for life in a multi-cultural society. We are committed to maintaining a community where the rights of individuals are respected.