6 June 2021
Sunday, June 06, 2021
Dear Pupil and Parent,
I hope you are all well and enjoyed the lovely weather over the last week. Here are a few updates for the new half-term (we start on a Week B):
Face coverings - We are going to ask our pupils and staff to continue wearing their face coverings when indoors, unless they are exempt. We will review this every two weeks. We are doing this to minimise the risk of having to ask pupils and staff to isolate.
Lateral Flow Tests – Please remember to take you test before returning to school.
- Extra-curricular – The PE department will be offering a number of sports activities after school on Tuesdays for Year 7 pupils. This will run from 3.15 – 4.15pm. Any pupil interested should go to the Sports Hall after school and bring their PE kit. There will also be a late school bus provided to take pupils home (following the usual school route). This will leave at 4.30pm.
- Camp Night – We are planning a Camp Night for Year 7 pupils on Monday 12th July on the school field. Our Year 7s normally have a ‘sleepover’ in the school hall at Christmas but for obvious reasons we were not able to do it this year. There will be more details to follow.
- Reminder – from tomorrow, Year 8 pupils will follow Bubble B times. Their school day starts at 9am and finishes at 3pm. They will use the dining room on the maths corridor and their outdoor space will be on the school yard. The boys toilets will be on the maths corridor and the girls will use the toilets in the Tech block.
- School bus times – the new bus times for Year 8 are on the school website
- New Progress Leader - Mr Williams will take over from Mr McTeague as Progress Leader for our Year 8s. Mr McTeague stayed on to support them as they moved into Year 8 after missing out on their last term of Year 7.
- Parents Evening will be on Thursday 24th June. There will more details later this week.
- There are changes to their dining room and toilets. From Monday 7th June, Year 10 pupils will use the dining room near sixth form. The girls’ toilets are now in the Tech block, and the boys toilets are those near sixth form.
- Elevate, our study skills partner, are running workshops on Monday during Period 3 to help Year 10s prepare for their summer exams.
- There will be a Careers North assembly during Period 5 on Monday.
- Elevate, our study skills partner, are running workshops on Monday during Period 4 to help Year 12s prepare for their summer exams.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Posted by Jenny Leonowicz
Category: Headteacher's Letter