25 March 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021
I hope you are all well and safe. This week’s updates include:
End of term and return to school arrangements:
- Period 3 will be a Form Period to include our Easter prayers, we would normally have a whole school mass.
- Years 8, 9, 10 and 11 - school will finish at 12 noon on Friday.
- Years 7, 12 and 13 – school will finish at 12.15.
- There will be a school bus for Year 11, 12 and 13 pupils completing exams on Friday. This will leave at 1.20pm.
- There are workshops on how to apply for apprenticeships for Year 11 and 13 pupils during the day.
- We return after the Easter holidays on Monday 12th April (Week A).
Home testing arrangements (Lateral Flow Testing)
Thank you so much for your positive response. All pupils should have enough tests to last them until the end of the first week back after Easter. They are now expected to test themselves during the Easter holidays. When they return, they will then be given new kits to take home.
Parents Evening and Reports
- Year 7 & 8 pupils have received their reports this week.
- Year 7 Parents Evening will be on Thursday 22nd April, more information will follow when we return after Easter.
Year 8 Options
When we return we will have assemblies with Year 8 to explain the options available to them in Year 9. We will then send out a video message to all families to explain the process. After that, and if you are unsure or need more information, you will be able to book in a one-to-one virtual meeting before deciding what options to take. We will have more information for you after Easter.
Grading – Summer 2021
We will be sending out information to all families of Year 11, 12 and 13 pupils explaining our approach to awarding grades this summer. You will receive this information during the Easter holidays.
Year 11 & 13 finish dates
We are still waiting for confirmation from the DfE about when our Year 11 and 13 pupils can leave. We are provisionally working towards a leaving date of Friday 28th May, the last day of the next half-term. As soon as we know for certain we will let you know.
Mrs Magill, Maths, will be on maternity leave after Easter. Mrs Thompson and Mrs Mitchell, two of our part-time Maths teachers, will cover her classes for the remainder of the year.
Thank you for your patience and continued support over the last few months, we have really appreciated it.
Take care and I hope you have a lovely Easter holiday.
Posted by Jenny Leonowicz
Category: Headteacher's Letter