Sixth Form Dress Code
Students in Holy Family Sixth Form should ensure that their appearance is appropriate for a professional, working environment. A good guideline is that each student should feel confident that they have dressed appropriately and professionally, to set a good standard and example of appearance within the school community.
All Sixth Form Students:
It is important that Sixth Formers are identified as a member of the school. To that end, sixth form students must wear an identity lanyard badge at all times. Badges and lanyards are supplied free of charge to students but any losses will incur a replacement cost.
Girls should wear a white blouse or shirt with a collar with tailored trousers or skirt. Over this, girls may wear a tailored black jacket or cardigan.
- Plain black tailored skirt. (Very short skirts are not acceptable.)
- Alternatively, plain black tailored trousers or cigarette-style trousers. (Leggings are not acceptable.)
- White blouse with a collar or white shirt with a collar.
- Plain black tailored jacket or cardigan (optional)
- Alternatively a black formal dress of appropriate length
- Leather or faux leather shoes.
- Black or neutral tights.
In addition, hair colour should be within the natural colour range. Tattoos should not be visible. Jewellery should be minimal; facial piercings and jewellery should be subtle and tasteful.
Boys should wear black tailored trousers with a smart white or black shirt. Alternatively a black or white plain polo shirt may be worn.
- Black tailored trousers (no jeans or casual trousers)
- White or black shirt / black polo shirt (no casual T shirts without collars or motifs)
- Black jumper (optional)
- Black polished shoes (no trainers)
- Black tie (optional)